Do we report sellers who lie about being located in another country to get your business?

I have encountered numerous listings claiming to be based in North America (my home region), calling themselves US or Canadian sellers, then I discover that they are actually based in China and shipping from that part of the world. I often prefer to buy more locally so that I can get things sooner/support local business so I feel it's a lie and violation on the seller's part! Should we report these sellers and if so, how? If they're allowed to be dishonest about this, how is Ebay choosing to address this issue and/or will you consider making this unacceptable policy? I'm frustrated and would appreciate some feedback. Thanks, Kim

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Do we report sellers who lie about being located in another country to get your business?

This is a major eBay policy violation, and you are able to report it to eBay.

On the right hand side of a listing, above the item description, is a Report item link. Select the following from the three drop-down menus, in order:

Listing practice > Other listing practices > Item location misrepresentation

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

This is a major eBay policy violation, and you are able to report it to eBay.

On the right hand side of a listing, above the item description, is a Report item link. Select the following from the three drop-down menus, in order:

Listing practice > Other listing practices > Item location misrepresentation

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Mostly eBay wants members to police the site.

You can protect yourself by reading feedback for notes about slow shipping (and obviously incorrect location).

You should also be suspicious if the delivery time seems long. I allow 20 days for delivery from North America and 30 for delivery from Asia, based on many years in Mail Order.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply