Does eBay still Get my money back if I didn't recieve an item because I didn't get buyers protection

frresht0
Community Member
Will eBay return my money back if I didn't recieve an item or it wasn't shipped to me? I haven't signed up for buyers protection.
Also my 2 items from China have no tracking number and I wonder if an item may get lost?

Frreshta
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Does eBay still Get my money back if I didn't recieve an item because I didn't get buyers protection

You don't have to 'sign up' for Buyer Protection, it is an automatic part of your membership at eBay.

You do have to notify eBay that you have a problem within 45 days of purchase. You can do that through the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

If eBay has timed out, you can use Paypal's Buyer Protection, which has a 180 day deadline. It is always best to back your PP account with a credit card, because if worse comes to worst, you will also have their chargeback policy to protect you.

Tracking is an expensive service that protects sellers from false claims by buyers. It is not often used by Chinese sellers or by other sellers who sell inexpensive goods or who are comfortable with the idea that most of their customers are honest.

Some parcel services include tracking automatically.

If your parcel does not arrive in a timely manner, go to the Resolution Centre and open an Item Not Received Dispute.

Timely would mean.

Fifteen days from Europe.

Twenty days from North America.

Thirty days from Asia.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You don't have to 'sign up' for Buyer Protection, it is an automatic part of your membership at eBay.

You do have to notify eBay that you have a problem within 45 days of purchase. You can do that through the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

If eBay has timed out, you can use Paypal's Buyer Protection, which has a 180 day deadline. It is always best to back your PP account with a credit card, because if worse comes to worst, you will also have their chargeback policy to protect you.

Tracking is an expensive service that protects sellers from false claims by buyers. It is not often used by Chinese sellers or by other sellers who sell inexpensive goods or who are comfortable with the idea that most of their customers are honest.

Some parcel services include tracking automatically.

If your parcel does not arrive in a timely manner, go to the Resolution Centre and open an Item Not Received Dispute.

Timely would mean.

Fifteen days from Europe.

Twenty days from North America.

Thirty days from Asia.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Okay thanks for explaining!
Message 3 of 3
latest reply