Ebay should refund the original shipping to me due to the item is not as described (fake). But how?

I bought an item on ebay and it is fake, the buyer agreed to return this to her, but she will also need to pay the return shipping so she just refund the item payment to me. But I think the original shipping should also be refund to me. I paid shipping by myself to ebay department, I think ebay should refund me the original shipping. How can it work? 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Ebay should refund the original shipping to me due to the item is not as described (fake). But how?

Hello and sorry to hear you have to join the millions of other ebay shoppers that have been scammed. Please read the following link and feel free to add your own comment in order to refresh the topic.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/Are-You-a-Victim-with-Regards-to-a-Fraudulent-Seller-of/m-...

Please make sure to read that link since that topic was written by other people that got scammed here on ebay.

Hope this helps

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.ca/

Normally the buyer pays the return shipping, although in some circumstances, eBay will require that the seller provide a return shipping label.

The reason for the 'buyer pays return' policy, is that not all buyers are honest  and sometimes the buyer will demand the cost of shipping and then keep the item and the postage, or return something entirely different, or return as defective something that is exactly what was honoured.

Not too often, because most people are honest, but often enough that sellers are wary.

Discuss the possibility of a shipping label with your seller. This is however, impossible if he is not in Canada. The international postal system doesn't allow it.*

The Resolution Centre would refund your entire original payment, but not the return shipping.

The seller can, if he accepts that the problem was his error, refund your return shipping voluntarily, usually after he has his item back.

* Well, there is a thing called an International Reply Coupon, but it is very difficult to use, slow to arrive, and confuses the bejabbers out of most postal clerks.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply