Feedback abd Privacy

drdeisel
Community Member

When I received my item, I left Feedback for the seller. When I went to see what other feedback he has received, I noticed that other buyers names were represented by an initial character, two asterisks, and then a final character, effectively hiding their eBay usernames - but mine showed my full username. Is this just because it was my own feedback, or can others see my full username as well - and if they can, how can I truncate it similar to other buyer's feedback?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Feedback abd Privacy

@deirdrmoor-26 wrote:

... I noticed that other buyers names were represented by an initial character, two asterisks, and then a final character, effectively hiding their eBay usernames - but mine showed my full username. Is this just because it was my own feedback, ...

You are correct -- since it is your feedback you can see your full name.

The same happens if you bid on an auction. You can see your name, but not the names of other bidders (and they see their own, but not yours).

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Feedback abd Privacy

Only you (and the seller) see your username. No one else can see it.

Checking on the feedback of the seller you left feedback for, this is what I see: Buyer: d***e ( 1 )

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Feedback abd Privacy

@deirdrmoor-26 wrote:

... I noticed that other buyers names were represented by an initial character, two asterisks, and then a final character, effectively hiding their eBay usernames - but mine showed my full username. Is this just because it was my own feedback, ...

You are correct -- since it is your feedback you can see your full name.

The same happens if you bid on an auction. You can see your name, but not the names of other bidders (and they see their own, but not yours).

-..-

Message 3 of 3
latest reply