Global Shipping Program

Is there any way to contact the depot in Erlanger?  I bought my first and last item through the GSP.  The seller shipped my item to Erlanger on November 16th, it arrived there on November 18th and it is still sitting there.  It hasn't been processed or anything.  That is 8 days now with no updates and with it being Thanksgiving now and Black Friday tomorrow I am guessing it will sit there all weekend now as well.  Ebay gave me a delivery time frame in Canada of Nov 23 - Nov 30.  

How long do I leave it or wait before filing a claim that I did not receive the item?  I am assuming that they have lost or misplaced it or does stuff normally sit there for that long before being processed?  The tracking number that ebay gave me, some UPAAB# is useless.  It hasn't updated at all, it doesn't even show as being accepted.  The reason I know it is sitting in Erlanger is from the Seller's USPS tracking number that shows it delivered there.

I will never buy from a seller using this program again.  If I had just bought from somebody using USPS I would at least know where the item is and could follow it from start to delivery.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Global Shipping Program

it arrived there on November 18th and it is still sitting there.  It hasn't been processed or anything.  

No.

The last place it was recorded was Erlanger.

Your item is probably on a truck somewhere between Kentucky and your house right now.

The tracking is for the benefit of the seller.

Once the item is delivered to Erlanger, she has no more responsibility for delivery.

PitneyBowes/Global Shipping Program is still tracking it and thousands of other items that are also on their way to Canada, but their tracking is basically internal and is neither promptly nor easily available to the buyer.

How long do I leave it or wait before filing a claim that I did not receive the item?

I usually allow 20 days for delivery from anywhere in Canada or the USA when I purchase by mail order. Usually I am pleasantly surprised, but I have opened a dispute with AZ over a book ordered on October 26 that has not yet arrived.

When Canada Post (or CanPar) delivers it, that will be noted and eventually that information will be uploaded too.

If you are not home when delivery is attempted, the driver will leave a notice telling you where and when you can pick it up. Usually this is your local PO. Bring proof of address and photo ID.

Tracking neither slows nor hastens delivery. Tracking does not protect a parcel against damage in transit.

It is there for the protection of the seller.

If a buyer (you) open an Item Not Received dispute, the seller is not harmed. She did her job and got the item to Erlanger.

GSP would then be asked for their tracking. They would provide it and since delivery is undoubtedly underway, you would lose the case when they show delivery.

Tracking annoys me. It is useless and expensive for the buyer. It is solely for the benefit of the seller.

In fact, tracking upsets buyers more often than it is useful.

And that's my rant for the day.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Global Shipping Program

bluewallyhawk
Community Member

just did my first and last GSP transaction ship cost was $20.00us. seller lives 20 minutes from Windsor Ont. and it took 17 calender days to get to me in BC it made 12 stops along the way and then Can post ended up being the delivery service anyway. meanwhile an item from NY via USPS and Can post ship cost was $9.00us just took 7 calender days to get here, with no duty paid. geez hard to figure which is a better shipping method, GSP just a money grab.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Global Shipping Program

This is the first and last time for me as well. My shipment was finally updated this Monday, Nov 30th. It arrived in Erlanger on Nov 18th, they finally did the customs paperwork on Nov 30th and it shipped out of there on Dec 1st. I think it is ridiculous that my package sat there untouched for 12 days! It is now enroute, I have the tracking number and Canada post estimates delivery date of Dec 9th. I bought and paid for this item on Nov 13th. I will look for sellers now who do not use the GSP and buy from them.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Global Shipping Program

Thank you for your post. It did indeed sit there for 12 days untouched though. My tracking number from ebay was updated on Monday the 30th when they finally did up the custom documents for it and then again on the 1st when it finally left Erlanger after 13 days! That, in my opinion, is riduclous. I now have a Canada Post tracking number which estimates delivery to me on Dec 9th. I bought and paid for this item on Nov 13th. First and last time GSP transaction for me.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply