Here's my scenario.. buying and timelines to file disputes?

Hi all,

Long time ebayer but first time having this problem... Bought an expensive item as of July 1, 2014 (payment date). Seller sent out item quickly, and received wrong size with a broken button (obviously sent back). After a lot of back and forth with the seller and waiting for the item to be received on their end, I finally got fed up (After 22 days of waiting for this to be resolved) and said I wanted a refund instead (Including my shipping back them).

After that email, seller claimed he sent out the item already via USPS.. Fine, whatever.... Tracking number says the item is going to Kentucky.. I'm assuming through the Global Shipping Program to me in Canada.

Now I'm wondering.... Since I am on day 23 of the original payment for this transaction, do I wait it out or file something now with ebay (which keeps forwarding me to Paypal since that is what I paid with)... How do I go about getting back my full return shipping costs if it comes down to that ? (contacting paypal or ebay) Or should I just wait it out and hope that my item comes from Kentucky through the GSP?

Thanks

Serena

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Unless the seller agrees to refund you the return postage

there is nothing that you can do about it.

Return postage is the responsability of the buyer.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi toby, thanks for the response.

I thought in cases where the seller was at fault (Shipped wrong/broken item), they were responsible for return shipping?

Thanks
Serena
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

No they are not resposible for it.

If you buy something at Canadian Tire and get home and open it the next day and
it is broken, Canadian tire does not pay you milage to return it to the store.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I don't know the details of this transaction but whenever I order something, and it arrives in a different condition than stated, I immediately open up PayPal and go to the resolution centre to fix the problem. It either ends in the seller giving me a full refund since it was free shipping or I get a partial refund. I sometimes have to provide photos as evidence.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply