Hi, I made error bidding, when I asked to cancel, was sent very rude e-mail from seller.

Hi, I made an error bidding on an item. I contacted seller, explained situation and asked if I could please cancel order. Seller sent me a very judgemental, ignorant and rude e-mail in return. If this is how buyers are treated on e-bay after spending many, many dollars then I will no longer buy on e-bay. I saved the sellers e-mail. Thank-You.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Regards, Renee                                                                                                                                             

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, I made error bidding, when I asked to cancel, was sent very rude e-mail from seller.

Into every life a few jerks must fall.

This is not how sane sellers treat their customers.

You don't have to ask the Seller to cancel your bid.

You can also Retract your own bids. There are a limited number of reasons, so pick the one that is most applicable.

http://ocsnext.ebay.ca/ocs/sr?searchstring=retract+a+bid

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

There used to be a simple link to Bid Retraction under Buyer Tools. Where did that go to?
In my opinion, there are far too few options under Bid Retraction.
A sensible seller would rather have a retracted bid than go through the hassle of an Unpaid Item Dispute.
And of course, the seller still has the option to add the bidder to her Blocked Bidder List.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@renehaa_0 wrote:

Hi, I made an error bidding on an item. I contacted seller, explained situation and asked if I could please cancel order. Seller sent me a very judgemental, ignorant and rude e-mail in return. If this is how buyers are treated on e-bay after spending many, many dollars then I will no longer buy on e-bay.                         

eBay support staff will probably never see this message of yours -- just other buyers and sellers on these ebay forums.

From your comment it sounds like you "won" an auction that you don't want to pay for.

It's not between you and all of eBay.

This something between one buyer (you) and one seller (the amateur). As for the seller being annoyed, cancelling an auction after it ends costs the seller money (listing fees) -- the fact that the seller responded to you in a rude manner is the sign of an amateur seller.

The seller can either cancel the order or open an Unpaid-Item case. If you don't pay, the case will close after 4 days and the seller will get their selling fees (but not their listing fees) refunded by eBay.

-..- 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply