Horrible Costumer Service, What to do?

Hello, I recently purchased a battery case for a HK seller.

Both me and my brother has bought the same product from him on different accounts.

My brother's battery case works just fine, but mine broke after a single use.

I paid 18.99 for the product with 1 dollar shipping charge.

Prior to use I already have left a positive feedback, and when I contacted the seller about the problem, about three weeks later the purchase, his response was that he'll refund me $8 dollars and consider it solved.

I contacted him again that it's unreasonable and he increased two dollars and offered to refund me $10.

I demanded full refund or an exchange. I don't think I'm being unreasonable here.

Are there any other methods I could take other than contacting the seller?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

No.  My advice, - take the $10.  Your alternative is to file an Item Not as Described claim, which would require you to ship the item back to the seller with Delivery Confirmation, - and to Hong Kong that starts around $40.  Scroll down to section 4 in this link if you like:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

At this point, your seller has only your word that the item does not work.  That is why you have to return things.  Your seller was being comparatively generous.  Most would ignore you or make endless false promises.  If you want to return it for a refund or exchange, go ahead, it's your money.  But if it were me, I'd take the 10.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
From a financial point of view,the sellers offer is the best deal you can get in this case,considering the cost of delivery confirmed shipping to Hong Kong.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

No.  My advice, - take the $10.  Your alternative is to file an Item Not as Described claim, which would require you to ship the item back to the seller with Delivery Confirmation, - and to Hong Kong that starts around $40.  Scroll down to section 4 in this link if you like:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

At this point, your seller has only your word that the item does not work.  That is why you have to return things.  Your seller was being comparatively generous.  Most would ignore you or make endless false promises.  If you want to return it for a refund or exchange, go ahead, it's your money.  But if it were me, I'd take the 10.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
From a financial point of view,the sellers offer is the best deal you can get in this case,considering the cost of delivery confirmed shipping to Hong Kong.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply