How do I proceed when a seller Is not set up to receive payment and does not respond to won auction?

The seller was communicated with via email from the support Center. I want to avoid a bad rating as a customer because I pay immediately. My account says I owe for an item but I'm unable to pay for it and highly doubtful now that I would even receive the item. There is a yellow icon of a person beside the seller's name and a -1...any idea what that means?
Thanks for any help.
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

How do I proceed when a seller Is not set up to receive payment and does not respond to won auction?

Hello again 'soulbaby',

You will have to give this one up.  The (-1) you speak of is the seller's feedback score.

Currently you have (13).

The seller had only one sales transaction, and the buyer did not receive the item although

did somehow get a refund. 

You cannot get a bad rating as a customer because sellers cannot leave negative feedback

for buyers.  If a seller leaves you a negative comment beside a green circle (positive rating)

that is not allowed and you simply call ebay to get it removed.

The seller then gets an asterisk beside his name.  Nothing bad happens to you over it.

See ebay's explanation of the feedback system:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/feedback/howitworks.html

No smart shopper would pursue a transaction with a seller who has a feedback of (-1).

Or even a zero-feedback seller, for that matter.

Ask the seller to send a cancellation, and the second it arrives, click to agree.  That way

the whole thing will be over with, and you will no longer have to pay.

Your Purchase History will still say that you need to pay for the item but you can ignore that

if you have agreed to the cancellation.

Ebay's record will indicate that the transaction has been cancelled so you will not owe.

In future, shop carefully.  Familiarize yourself with ebay's buyer protection policies & deadlines:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

If an item does not arrive, you have 45 days in which to file a claim.  Never be delayed by a

seller for any reason.  If you have no item and no money no later than day 43, file a claim.

Best of luck

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Hello again 'soulbaby',

You will have to give this one up.  The (-1) you speak of is the seller's feedback score.

Currently you have (13).

The seller had only one sales transaction, and the buyer did not receive the item although

did somehow get a refund. 

You cannot get a bad rating as a customer because sellers cannot leave negative feedback

for buyers.  If a seller leaves you a negative comment beside a green circle (positive rating)

that is not allowed and you simply call ebay to get it removed.

The seller then gets an asterisk beside his name.  Nothing bad happens to you over it.

See ebay's explanation of the feedback system:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/feedback/howitworks.html

No smart shopper would pursue a transaction with a seller who has a feedback of (-1).

Or even a zero-feedback seller, for that matter.

Ask the seller to send a cancellation, and the second it arrives, click to agree.  That way

the whole thing will be over with, and you will no longer have to pay.

Your Purchase History will still say that you need to pay for the item but you can ignore that

if you have agreed to the cancellation.

Ebay's record will indicate that the transaction has been cancelled so you will not owe.

In future, shop carefully.  Familiarize yourself with ebay's buyer protection policies & deadlines:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

If an item does not arrive, you have 45 days in which to file a claim.  Never be delayed by a

seller for any reason.  If you have no item and no money no later than day 43, file a claim.

Best of luck

Message 2 of 2
latest reply