How do I retract a bid?

I had bid on an item and was outbid and the auction ended. So I made a bid on another identical item from another vendor. In the meantime, the first vendor contacted me to say the winning bid had been retracted and that I was the winning bidder. How do I go about retracting my bid from the second vendor?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

How do I retract a bid?

Hello 'delphius',

There are a few valid reasons for retracting bids although I have a hunch yours is not one

of them. Smiley Wink

Retracting is considered poor form on ebay and if you do it too much you may one day be shown

the door.  The following link tells you all about retracting, and there is a Bid Retraction Form you

can use.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/bid-retract.html

If what you say is true, that the seller of item #1 told you AFTER the auction ended that *Surprise!*

you are now the new 'winner', that was incorrect.  The seller can only make a Second Chance Offer

which you are free to decline. 

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/second-chance.html

Many people refuse the 'Second Chance Offer' because it is presented at their high bid, and this is

too often the result of the seller having shilled the item as high as it will go.  Of course, it is possible

that the first winner was genuine and dropped out.

Either way, you are not responsible for an item in an auction you did not win.  If, however, you are

being offered item #1 at a better price than the item #2 at your current bid, well, that's different.

It's just not one of the valid reasons for retraction.

So there you go.  Good luck with it. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

How do I retract a bid?

Since someone bid higher than you for the first auction, you are not required to pay for a second chance offer...it's your choice.

With the second buyer whom you'd like to retract your bid, just message them and ask them to kindly cancel your bid.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

How do I retract a bid?

"So I made a bid on another identical item " The very thing ebay tells you not to do unless you plan to pay for both items should you win them both. You have let everyone know that you made an invalid bid retraction.
**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

How do I retract a bid?

I alrsady ordered it ftom snother seller and my girlfriend has been bidding on another trying to surprise me
Message 5 of 5
latest reply