How do a report a seller who grossly abuses "listing in an incorrect category?

I want to know how I can successfully report numerous sellers who constantly list in an incorrect category. I have reported their items on numerous (200+) occasions and yet their items are still showing under the wrong category. It is very irritating as the category would be 80% less populated were they removed. It makes searching the category very time consuming. I know I can exclude them in my search but why do I have to be the one to do all the work in searching when it's their misrepresentations.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nudibranch -- No. However, it is not something that eBay pays much attention to, and usually the wrong category is an error on the part of the seller who would do better if he had chosen the category better.

Personally, I suspect that few buyers Search primarily by category, only adding that after they have entered keywords.

tojobuyer-- and that may be the answer.

Search by the item description rather than browsing entire categories. And since the type of seller who will flood categories is usually selling something pretty cheap, change your preferred Search from the default Best Match to Highest Price First or Highest Price +Shipping First.

The reason for that switch is that it is easier to drill down to your price range than it is to work endlessly through the mislabelled carp to the real stuff at reasonable prices.

One note. EBay does encourage Reporting of violations, but they don't like vigilantes. So your 200 Reports probably were counter-productive after the first 50 or so.

At most eBay sends a polite note and no further information. This may have a legal basis, privacy and all that, but again it would serve to discourage mischief makers.

Sadly, your 'numerous sellers' may only be one seller, or all be the dupes of a dropshipping wholesaler who is supplying them with bad information. It's frustrating all around, not only for real buyers like yourself, but also for the sellers whose items are lost in a sea of carp.

cant ebay sellers list under whatever catagory they wish?