How long do I have to file an item not received?

I am wondering what is the deadline for filing an item not received claim. 

Item was paid on 18th of May. The seller shipped pretty well right away. Shipped first class to Canada with tracking number. For some stupid reason the package ended up in Singapore. Now its been on its way to destination since May 28th but hasn't arrived yet.

What can I do here. She used paypal labels so it had to be addressed properly.  Its not the seller's fault but looks like the US post office really goofed up here. What resort do I have here.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Here is a link:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

eBay Money Back Guarantee timelines

Item not received

• A buyer can report in My eBay that they didn't receive an item once the item's latest estimated delivery date has passed, and for 30 days after the latest estimated delivery date

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Here is a link:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

eBay Money Back Guarantee timelines

Item not received

• A buyer can report in My eBay that they didn't receive an item once the item's latest estimated delivery date has passed, and for 30 days after the latest estimated delivery date

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@luv4orphans wrote:

Item was paid on 18th of May. The seller shipped pretty well right away. Shipped first class to Canada with tracking number. For some stupid reason the package ended up in Singapore. Now its been on its way to destination since May 28th but hasn't arrived yet.... What can I do here. She used paypal labels so it had to be addressed properly.  Its not the seller's fault but looks like the US post office really goofed up here....

..... or the seller sent you a tracking number for a package that isn't yours so that you would be lulled into false sense of security over this. It's in your best interests to open an Item Not Received case within the Resolution Centre as soon as possible. If you've passed the date to do it with ebay, go directly to paypal.  

Good luck as you carry forward. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply