How to leave feedback to seller and make the purchased item private (hidden)?

virtualsam
Community Member

I often see buyers leaving feedback to sellers and their purchased item(s) is marked as private (hidden)... How do we do that??

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That is something the seller controls. They can mark their listings as private so they show up in feedback as you describe.

I know they can do it when they make the listing itself, but I'm unsure if there's a blanket setting they can use to set them all as private automatically. It's not something I've ever wanted to do as a seller, so I've never looked it up.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

mcrlmn
Community Member

"You can set your feedback profile to public or private. By default, it's set to public.

If your feedback profile is private, you won't be able to sell items on eBay.

Your feedback comments will be hidden, but members will still be able to see the number of positive, neutral, and negative feedback ratings you've received."

"You can create a private auction-style listing to keep your buyers' identities anonymous.

This hides usernames and email addresses during the auction and after the listing ends.

Only you and the winning bidder see the listing results, and only you know who bought the item."

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Your name is hidden/ masked when you buy and when you leave feedback.

Only you and the seller can see your eBay ID or your actual contact information.

Your feedback shows only the transaction number for items purchased when you look at it.

Your feedback doesn't show even that when someone else looks at it.

If you want to hide your ID from others (usually friends and family) change your ID and your password.

Don't tell anyone your new ID or your password.

Always log out when you leave eBay.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I'm not talking about profile privacy - I meant how to hide the item we purchased when leaving a feedback. On most feedback we can see the purchased item just underneath the comment. But sometimes, it's marked as "private". That's what I'm trying to find...
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

That is something the seller controls. They can mark their listings as private so they show up in feedback as you describe.

I know they can do it when they make the listing itself, but I'm unsure if there's a blanket setting they can use to set them all as private automatically. It's not something I've ever wanted to do as a seller, so I've never looked it up.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks Chris!
Message 6 of 6
latest reply