How to send message to seller in Resolution Centre

Seller has explained delayed arrival of purchase but I can't figure out how to contact him via "Resolution Centre" to accept his "please wait" proposal.  Should I just go back to the "package didn't arrive" page instead?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You don't need to contact him via the Resolution Centre, message him via ebay Message but DO NOT CLOSE your case because you cannot re-open it. I cannot stress that enough. Don't close the case and wait. Leave it open and wait, if you desire.

Also, don't accept an offer for replacement unless the seller is someone you already know and trust, they are located within the same country as you, and can send it with tracking so you have it within a week or so. The 'replacement' offer is often (but not always) merely a stall tactic.

Take your refund. Buy another from the same seller, if you're feeling generous, or wait and see if the original item arrives and use Paypal to Send Money back to pay for it again.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@calcs_dvw162yhkw wrote:

Seller has explained delayed arrival of purchase but I can't figure out how to contact him via "Resolution Centre" to accept his "please wait" proposal.  Should I just go back to the "package didn't arrive" page instead?

As the other poster explained, do not close your claim until you are 100% satisfied to end it then & there.  Do not accept a promise of replacement.  And if the seller has done nothing, the item has not arrived, and the time on the claim is running out, click the button to ASK EBAY TO STEP IN.  At least that way you'll get a refund.  

Wait as long as you can for a late item, but if the claim closes after 30 days and you still have nothing, you can't reopen it.  All you can do then is try a PayPal claim.  

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Seller has top ratings, and mailing this item from Japan over Christmas would invite delays, so I'm waiting a while longer. I appreciate all that I'm learning along the way, and I'll certainly keep the claim open. Thanks.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

If ever it happens that you do have to get a refund and then the item arrives later, you simply repay the seller. The seller will be over the moon about it and probably cover you with thanks.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Oh good, I wondered about that. Thanks again. And reading my other responder's comments on delays from Asia likely being due to beleaguered Customs trying to stop carfentonyl makes more sense out of the delay.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Yes, absolutely. In this post here to another user I mentioned some links explaining the problem. Have a look at the links, if you have a strong stomach. 🙂
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks, good advice tho I've told him I'll wait longer... He tells me he'll refund if his Dec. 15 package from Japan doesn't arrive by Jan 30, and his good ratings and your info about Customs slowing things from Asia make it all believable. So I'm waiting with claim OPEN!
Message 8 of 8
latest reply