Hows this for a seller!

Hello everyone.  I thought I would leave a message on this forum about my recent experience with a seller from the States.  Seventeen days ago won a auction on a composition doll.  Before bidding I did check this sellers feed back and he did have a couple of bad feed backs.  One buyer went so far as to say to avoid this seller.  I had noticed he had sold dolls before and didn't see any bad feedback pertaining to them.  After a week I noticed the doll wasn't shipped yet and so I contacted the seller.  No answer!  I contacted him again and I finally received a message saying the doll had been shipped.  I received a shipping notification today, 17 days after purchase showing the doll had just been shipped.  I sure  can't wait  to leave this character the feedback that is deserving which will be bad to say the least.  This seller will be lucky  to be selling on eBay after this.  Some people just don't get it!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Hows this for a seller!

You, the buyer were in control the whole time.  You could have opened a case long before 17 days.  You would have had a full refund, then move on.  When you post this kind of threat, you may find yourself blocked from buying.  These boards are read by many members.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Hows this for a seller!

Hello 'mpit',

In my opinion what you have said here is not all that bad, certainly not compared to some of the appalling things sellers say about buyers over on that list.  

Still, you may be made to watch what you say. Smiley Wink

Would you mind my thoughts on all this?  If your item is truly on its way, and you receive it, and it is exactly as described, -- I don't believe that is a bad thing at all.  I'd say that's a good thing.

I'd say that's positive feedback.  Truly, - "All good, but took 17 days to dispatch", or the like.  And full stars for As Described, Communication, and Shipping costs.  As for Shipping Time, well, the seller will know what to expect and why.

I understand your fury and what seems to be an inexcusable delay, but if the doll arrives, who knows why it was not sent sooner.  Did you send a sweetly worded note to the seller inquiring what caused the delay?  Maybe he has a recurring illness, or maybe she has a colicky baby.  

Also, -- if a seller has feedback indicating no-show items, or broken malfunctioning items, that  would indeed be a problem.  

But if your seller's negs are mostly about slow shipping, well, far too many people expect the item to arrive in minutes.

Twice on ebay I had sellers not  mail things for 21 days.  I am assuming the sellers were 'occasional' sellers and were waiting for that 21-day hold to pass.  They are not supposed to do that, but for me, as long as the thing shows up I'm happy, and I consider the transaction to be a positive one, - haha, perhaps all the sweeter for the wait.

More importantly, however, is if you leave a negative about slow shipping, you will do far more long-term permanent damage to your own feedback reputation via your outgoing comments.  Sellers are very prickly about feedback, and if you appear too hasty to leave negs, you may find your bids removed and your ID blocked.  

The fleeting moment of retaliatory satisfaction you will get by lashing out at what you believe to be an inconsiderate slow-poke will not be worth the self-inflicted injury.  I urge you to think very carefully before leaving your feedback.  You have 60 days, so there's no rush.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/feedback/questions/feedback.html

And of course, if it does not show up at all or is not as described, by now you will know all about how to deal with that.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

I wish you all the best for a happy outcome. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Hows this for a seller!

I'm not sure how I could be in control of the situation the whole time when my item I purchased is in another country waiting to be shipped. I wouldn't have opened a case just because of delayed shipping. Maybe if the doll doesn't show up after 40 days or so yes, then I would open a case. I have never left bad feed back to anyone even when the transaction was less than perfect and in this case a less than perfect score for delivery in feedback depending on when the doll arrives might be prudent. If the doll still arrives in the allowable time then no problems.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Hows this for a seller!

Just a little follow up on the situation. I finally heard from the seller who informed me that he had sent the doll long ago but just got around to sending me the shipping number. That is why I received a just shipped notification. When I receive the doll will tell me if he is being honest or not. Because the seller waited 17 days to show the doll was shipped is the reason for this situation. Proper communication by the seller and this situation would have been avoided. I am a patient buyer. Heck, I have ordered items from China! It also was this sellers previous feed back that made me start to worry. I have to say though that sellers expect to be paid for items in a timely fashion and I don't think it is asking to much for our items to be shipped out in a timely fashion also. If there is going to be a delay in shipping a simple message to the buyer is all that is needed to avoid any problems.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Hows this for a seller!

mcrlmn
Community Member

I can't conceive of taking 17 days to ship... Great business model.

Shipping quickly is a huge issue to many buyers, and a no-brainer  means of showing appreciation and nurturing repeat sales.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Hows this for a seller!

One more little bit of follow up. I just received notification from Global Shipping that they just received the doll at their ware house. The seller is claiming he shipped the doll long ago but I have to question what he is saying. Seventeen days to get to the Global Shipping warehouse. I doubt it. I guess every experience on eBay can't be a good one.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hows this for a seller!

Generally....if an item was shipped through ebay or paypal, you receive a shipping confirmation at the time the label has been printed...not seventeen days later. I don't think that the seller is being honest with you.  If you look at the tracking number through ebay it should say when the post office accepted the package.  Packages are not always scanned right away but if the scan was done in the same city as the seller, that should be a good indication of when it was shipped.

I agree with another poster in that if you leave too many neutral or negative comments, it can reflect upon you as it may seem that you are difficult to deal with but I don't think that there is anything wrong with being honest about this transaction as you don't look to be a chronic complainer.  If everything other than shipping time turns out to be good, you might still want to leave a positive (or neutral) but note in feedback how long the item took to be shipped out and leave a low star for shipping time.   Unfortunately, since this is being shipped through the global shipping program, the feedback might be removed because the seller isn't supposed to be blamed for a slow shipping (arrival) time for gsp transactions. I realize that this problem is caused by the seller, not the gsp but I don't know if the system will look at it in that way.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply