I bid on many items today from different sellers. Suddenly i am blocked on those bidding, why?

i bid on many items today from different sellers. A few hours later i can't access those items anymore as a red message pops up stating this:

"Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay."

This is no shipping issues because i could bid just fine a few hours earlier from my home. This is not a single seller blocking me because they all suddenly blocked me at the same time (or if so, they are very, very in sync...)

This should not be due to my profile because i had the same profile (payment options, feedback, etc) earlier today. 

What happened?? Thank you for your help!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I bid on many items today from different sellers. Suddenly i am blocked on those bidding, why?

Is it possible that you have an alternative shipping address that you changed in the meantime? Or, perhaps it is just one of those oddities that clears up on its own. Do you get the same message now?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Or did you switch form your desktop computer to a mobile device? 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Two other possibilities:

many items today from different sellers.

You may have triggered a bot meant to stop thrill bidding or mischeivous bidding.

If you are in Quebec and bid on perfume, you may have been caught in by  a bot meant to prevent the importation of perfume into France.

But the 'mobile device' is the most likely, since you could see it fine at home.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply