I bought a L sized item and was sent a M and given nothing but bad solutions.

I think its kind of bs Negotiating Either way I'm expected to pay a fee for something that wasn't my fault in the first place.

I ordered a Large kigurumi Pj and recieved a Medium size in the mail.

I was told to ship it back for a refund which is bs... since why should I have to pay a stupid sum to ship it back and not get the item I ordered in the first place.

Or when I msged the seller I was told they can give me 10 dollar discount off my purchase for a new one...I don't want to pay for something again just to get the original order I placed...it seems scamming to me to get more money from me or for me to spend more money.

I just want the correct size that I had ordered and paid for in the first place without paying anything to get it corrected for a mistake I did not make.

Its one thing if im unsatisfied with a purchase or I made the mistake of ordering the wrong size.But its bs that I'd have to pay anything extra for a mistake of the seller sending me the wrong size and expected to pay more money to them or money from my pocket to ship something that will probably cost more than what I paid.

Is there any way I can get my correct purchase without bsing me on coughing up more money nor giving them more money.

Theme: 814 green dinosaur
Size: L

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If the seller sent you the wrong item size, your order is Significantly Not As Described and the seller must pay Return Shipping, not you. Open a case in the Resolution Centre. ebay will side with you. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Because a common buyer scam is to claim an item is Not As Described and demand a full or partial refund, eBay and Paypal have a policy that if the buyer wants  a refund, she must return the item.

If its good enough to keep, its good enough to pay for. And neither gets involved in a 'he said/she said' dispute.

I'm going to assume the seller is in China.

Returning the garment will cost $40 or more, since you need tracking on the return.

Although eBay/PP will instruct the seller to issue a return shipping label, this is NOT POSSIBLE when the buyer and seller are in different countries. Even if those countries were the USA and Canada, this is NOT POSSIBLE.

File the Item Not As Described Dispute.

Ask for a partial refund of the cost of the garment, but not the shipping.

Ask permission to use the seller's photos .

List the garment yourself, using those photos or take some yourself.

Give the correct measurements.

Don't complain about the other seller in your description. Use the term NWT (new with tags) in your title.

Use a Fixed Price /Good Til Cancelled listing to give customers the best chance to find the garment.

If the seller is in Canada, she can send you a return shipping label, but eBay should be involved as soon as possible.

You have 60 days to leave feedback. The most effective feedback is calm and factual"Sent wrong size no/partial refund" for example.

At the same time you will be asked to leave Detailed Seller Ratings. The normal Rating is Five Stars. ONE Star is the lowest rating , and your seller may deserve that for Description and Communication. No stars is a free pass.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Ya I manage to get a refund and I'm using that money to return the item for the correct size since the seller said they will send the right order once I returned the item.
So I'm hoping they honor their end or I'm gonna have to report them for lying/scamming.
I just didn't want to pay money for something that wasn't my fault to begin with..This is the first time I've had this problem.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

You have to use a TRACKED service in order to get your refund! Otherwise, the seller may claim it was not received.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Ya I manage to get a refund and I'm using that money to return the item for the correct size since the seller said they will send the right order once I returned the item.
So I'm hoping they honor their end or I'm gonna have to report them for lying/scamming.

NO NO NO NO NO!

The new transaction won't go any better than the first.

While it would not be ethical to keep both the item and the money, neither should you be out any money on this failed deal.

Was the money returned by the seller? Or did eBay /Paypal give you a 'courtesy' refund?

Was the refund equal to the cost of TRACKED postage to China?

You have only 180 days from purchase to file a Dispute with Paypal.

If you decide to return the item, demand your original payment back. Nothing less. And NO REPLACEMENTS!

You are not at fault here.

If, when tracking shows  delivery, you do not get a full refund of your original payment within a few hours, open a Dispute with Paypal for Item Not As Described.

And when you do get all your money back:

Find another seller.

Be careful that the pictures and description are actually different from the first. (Some sellers, especially those with poor feedback, will open a second* or third account to continue selling.)

* This is not actually illegal. I have seven accounts myself.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I added a comment to your reply but i must echo femefan's concern. 

This will not end well.

You MUST have tracking on your return, or you will be out both the item and the money refunded. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply