I bought a white iphone 4S 16 GB from seller on ebay and it does.n,t have a passcode it

I bought a used white sprint iphone 4S 16 GB from seller on ebay and it does.n,t have a passcode he emailed me and said he never put a passcode on it just my apple id and I took it off

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

I bought a white iphone 4S 16 GB from seller on ebay and it does.n,t have a passcode it

Hello 'kcocoope',

I don't get it, - was the phone supposed to have a passcode?  Did the listing indicate that

there would be a passcode?  Are you saying you bought something that you are not able

to use?

Obviously you can't choke a passcode out of the seller if he is not providing one, so the only

thing you can do is mail it back for a refund.  You must mail it back in the same condition you

received it, you must use a Delivery Confirmed service, and you do so at your own expense.

The following link tells how to do this:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

If the problem was with the item and the seller sent something unusable to begin with, he

ought to refund your return shipping as well.  However, the system does not force him to do that.

In my opinion it is a really bad idea to buy a used phone online, given the number of complaints

about locked phones with no passcodes, but . . . .

If you've got something you cannot use, you are probably best off returning it and getting back

some of your money.  Once the item shows "delivered", you will get back your original payment

of item price plus shipping.  At that point, take the money and buy a new phone locally.

Good luck. Smiley Happy 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply