I bought an item back in Sept of last year and never received it. Can I still get my $ back?

I reported the non-arrival to seller about 2 weeks later and she told me to wait a bit longer.

I sent another note and she said that it had been returned for incorrect address.

She resent and I waited some more - still no arrival.

She said that she might have sent it surface mail and told me to wait longer.

Finally, she agreed that the item wasn't going to arrive and agreed to refund me the money.

The she asked if I could wait until end of the month and promised that she would refund the money again.

In the end, she claimed that she had been very sick and that she had lost her job.

I'm appalled not only by this sellers' behaviour, but also with myself for giving her the benefit of the doubt over such a long period of time. Since she had over 12000 feedbacks and no negatives (at the time), I thought I could trust her.

Is there any way for me to get my money back at this point? I have copies of all email correspondence with her

Frankly, I would be happier just to have her horrible behaviour made known to Ebay than to have my money back, though $ is always good too

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I bought an item back in Sept of last year and never received it. Can I still get my $ back?

Probably not.

Certainly not from eBay or Paypal, who have strict deadlines on refunds and claims.

Instead, go to the credit card you really paid with (PP is just a useful mediator) phone the 1-800 customer service number and ask about a chargeback.

Have all your dates , payments, currency, transaction numbers (eBay & PP) handy to help her.

But cards have deadlines too and waiting nine months is probably longer than they are willing to go with.

In future:

Allow 30 days for arrival from Asia, and 20 days for the rest of the world, who tend to use Air Mail for overseas customers.

Ask once for a refund, then go to the Resolution Centre and open an Item Not Received Dispute.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping , delivery) she will be required to refund. If she does not, PP will refund you, and go after the seller for their money.

This process takes about eight days.

You have only 45 days from purchase * to open a Dispute.

You have 60 days to leave feedback and Detailed Seller Ratings.

You can add a Response to any feedback, yours or the seller's , indefinitely. The most effective Responses are calm and factual.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Probably not.

Certainly not from eBay or Paypal, who have strict deadlines on refunds and claims.

Instead, go to the credit card you really paid with (PP is just a useful mediator) phone the 1-800 customer service number and ask about a chargeback.

Have all your dates , payments, currency, transaction numbers (eBay & PP) handy to help her.

But cards have deadlines too and waiting nine months is probably longer than they are willing to go with.

In future:

Allow 30 days for arrival from Asia, and 20 days for the rest of the world, who tend to use Air Mail for overseas customers.

Ask once for a refund, then go to the Resolution Centre and open an Item Not Received Dispute.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping , delivery) she will be required to refund. If she does not, PP will refund you, and go after the seller for their money.

This process takes about eight days.

You have only 45 days from purchase * to open a Dispute.

You have 60 days to leave feedback and Detailed Seller Ratings.

You can add a Response to any feedback, yours or the seller's , indefinitely. The most effective Responses are calm and factual.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply