I bought an item with a GUEST account and did not receive the item, cannot open a request.

sohh64_1
Community Member

I bought an item with a GUEST account on Aug. 3 and received an email saying Estimated delivery date: Aug.17-Sep.26.  Contact the seller on Oct 11 because I still did not receive the item.  I sent seller the following info he asked.  Now, it's Oct.19 and I still did not received the item and did not received the further response from the seller.   I'm having problem opening a request with the eBay Money Back Guarantee because I purchase the item with the GUEST account.  I created my eBay account after I purchase few items with the GUEST account.  I need a help to resolve this problem.

- PayPal transaction ID? 1436098862006 (also attached Paypal email)
- Payment date? 3-Aug-2016 08:57:51 PDT
- Our paypal account?  ?
- Buyer ID? I bought as guest (I created eBay account after I purchased few items )
- Seller ID?
-Your name:  Steven
-Your address:  
-Did you change your buyer ID name? I bought as guest (I created eBay account after I purchased few items )

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I bought an item with a GUEST account and did not receive the item, cannot open a request.

These forums are not read by eBay customer support.

The eBay help files say:

If you bought an item as a guest, you'll need to sign in as a guest user to view your order details.

Follow these steps:

1. If you're signed in to eBay, sign out to avoid any error messages.
  2. Find your eBay guest order confirmation email — the subject line starts with "Guest Order."
  3. Select View order details in the email.
  4. Enter your email address and access code to sign in as a guest user.

-..-

Did you pay using paypal?

Item-Not-Received claims can be made there if you are unable to open a case on eBay.

-..-

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

1. When I click "Select View order details", it brings to eBay "Sign in" page. So, I can't get access code.

2. I don't have a paypal account but, when I made the payment from eBay, it used PayPal system. I have a PayPal payment information (receipt# 4204-1159-9981-4181) that I got an email from PayPal (service@intl.paypal.com). I just created a PayPal account to see if can make a claim but, I guess you can only do this purchase items after you create the paypal account.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I believe the access code was emailed to you when you made the purchase and that would be how you 'log' in to ebay to look at the Order you made as a Guest. You have to find your original email about the transaction. Without it and the information it contains, you can only go to the credit card company and appeal your transaction that way,
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I ended up calling EBay's customer service () and opened a case. EBay told me that if seller does not respond to me in 3 days eBay will refund the money.

Thank you.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply