I bought from a new person who is unregistered & paypal is just waiting is this normal?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I bought from a new person who is unregistered & paypal is just waiting is this normal?

Waiting for what?

New (and occasional and questionable) sellers have their customers' cleared payments Held for up to 21 days.

The seller is still required to ship as soon as the payment clears.

If you back your Paypal account with a bank account, instead of a PP balance or a credit card, it is probable that the pament has not yet cleared the international banking system . PP's actual bank in in the USA, I think it is Western Union Bank, but I'm not sure.

The seller is not required to ship until your 'e-cheque' has cleared.

If the seller is telling you that your payment has been Held, let him know that if the payment has cleared he can use the money to print a shipping label through PP from the Held funds. In some cases (mostly US based sellers) this also speeds up the release of the Held funds.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Waiting for what?

New (and occasional and questionable) sellers have their customers' cleared payments Held for up to 21 days.

The seller is still required to ship as soon as the payment clears.

If you back your Paypal account with a bank account, instead of a PP balance or a credit card, it is probable that the pament has not yet cleared the international banking system . PP's actual bank in in the USA, I think it is Western Union Bank, but I'm not sure.

The seller is not required to ship until your 'e-cheque' has cleared.

If the seller is telling you that your payment has been Held, let him know that if the payment has cleared he can use the money to print a shipping label through PP from the Held funds. In some cases (mostly US based sellers) this also speeds up the release of the Held funds.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Can you repeat the question with a bit more information, please? 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

if seller/listning vanished you need to open a Item not received case until 30 days on ebay.

Or the time passed try paypal, since they have 180 days of protection.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply