I don't understand anything about bids and I bid an item, how can I unbid it

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hello 'eunic',

So you admittedly don't understand anything about bidding on ebay but rather than find out all you

can in advance, you plunged in and bid on something anyway.

And now you've changed your mind.

You can retract your bid under certain circumstances.  Bid retraction is considerd poor form on

ebay, so granted that you are new, just don't make a habit of it.  Read through the following:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/bid-retract.html

It will tell you how to 'undo' your bid, and there is a link to a bid retraction form you can use. 

And of course, you can always contact the seller and ask her to remove your bid for you.

She will most likely be glad to do this, -- and then promptly add you to her blocked list.

Since you claim to know nothing about bidding, if you think you might one day like to play around

in the auctions, you really need to have a quick look at how ebay's automatic bidding works.

There are related links like bid increments and getting outbid on the right:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/automatic-bidding.html#how

Good luck

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Ebay used to have a Help section but the renamed it Customer Support. This is where you should have gone before you started bidding or you could have come here and asked rather than bidding without knowing what it's all about. A bid is a legally bidding contract. Yes a contract. You have signed a virtual contract without knowing the particulars.

There are only a few legitimate reasons to back out of a bid and changing your mind is not one of them. You can ask the seller to cancel your bid but they are not obligated to do so. If they don't cancel and you win, you are expected to pay. In the future, read how ebay processes work by going to  Customer Support and reading everying on bidding, buying and payments.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply