I got scammed while i purchased as a guest

I ordered a hockey shooting pad from seller on August 27. I didn't use my account though. It's been nearly a month and I haven't received my item yet. I'm strongly considering going to the police. I couldn't track my order, leave negative feedback, or even use the resolution center. I am very disappointed in the security of purchasing as a guest. I think this site needs better protection from criminals like seller. I even emailed him and asked him to tell me when he shipped my item and he refused to respond. I just wanna know how I can report him and get a refund or get him to tell me when he shipped my item.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

I got scammed while i purchased as a guest

Take a deep breath, and try not to be impatient.

Buying online is mail order, so you are waiting for Canada Post to deliver your item.

If he is in Canada this will take 15 to 20 calendar days, longer if you live in an isolated area (like Yellowknife NT).

August 27 was the Wednesday before the Labour Day weekend. So if he took your parcel to the PO before 6 on Friday, it would go anywhere until Tuesday September 2.

Since then there have been three weekends- a total of 23 calendar days. A little late but it should be there Monday or Tuesday.

Go to your PO and ask if they are holding a package for you. The postie is supposed to leave a delivery slip but it is possible it was lost, not left or overlooked. Have government issued photo ID for the PO clerk.

You say you cannot contact the seller. It is sloppy of him not to give you a tracking number, since anything as large as a shooting pad (not into sports so I'm guessing this is like the goalie's leg pads? or something you aim at when practicing alone?) would be travelling parcel and all the Canadian parcel services include Delivery Confirmation or tracking.

Have you used the Contact Seller button on the listing to ask him about the purchase. Politely ask him for the date and service of shipping and the Canada Post shipping number, all of which is on his PO receipt.

If he is in the USA, he probably used the Global Shipping Program. This means the seller shipped it by USPS to the GSP plant in Kentucky, where it is trans-shipped to Canada. It will be delivered by Canada Post or possibly by CanPar if you live in a large city. The delivery time is about the same with GPS and you have already paid the duty and sales tax on the product.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply