I ordered a Bullion item from US Seller who uses GSP?

My 1st Order I was charged Import Fees, but on my last recent Order I was charged $0.00 USD Import Fees. Has there been any recent changes to Importing Gold Bullion from US into Canada.

I don'y believe there is any Taxes or Duty charged by Customs for Silver Bullion with a minimum Fineness of 99.9% (.999 Pure) or Gold Bullion with a minimum Fineness of 99.5% (.995 Pure), and a Value under $2500.

Shouldn't it be given a classification on the CN22 Customs Declaration Shipping Label: AES/ITN/Exemptions: NOEEI 30.37 (a) ?.

Can you please clarify this for me, Thank You:)

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This might go back and forth with each order, because you don't actually pay the duty and taxes on GSP purchases.

Pitney Bowes does, and then charged you a service fee than includes the duty and taxes they paid on your behalf.

But you didn't pay it, they did and so you can't get it back from CBSA, even though you were charged in error.

So on your first order, you were incorrectly charged.

On your second order, you were not charged.

On your third order , who knows??

I suggest, for the sake of your blood pressure, that in future you only buy from sellers who use USPS to ship. The First Class International Parcel service includes Confirmation of Delivery to Canada which is most of the protection the GSP offers to US sellers.

And it is quite possible to suggest using FCIP to sellers who normally use GSP, before bidding. Many will be as shocked as you that their customers are being charged incorrectly.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I think this is something you will have to take up with Paypal and their Resolution Centre.

The Import Charges through Global Shipping go to Pitney Bowes who administers the Global Shipping Program so if you suspect you have been charged Import Fees on something that should not have those fees assessed to it, you would be asking Paypal to investigate the charge on your account, no?

Perhaps another member has better advice here; I'm going on theory alone with this and have no practical expertise to offer you. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Just to let you know there are no duty or taxes of any kind on pure silver or gold,I do know that to be a fact as i have ordered many times from the usa into canada.,what they are charging is a brokerage fee to a third party for handling charges,more of a scam than anything,better off to not order anything from anyone using the global shipping program,there are lots of usa based sellers not using that program

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

This might go back and forth with each order, because you don't actually pay the duty and taxes on GSP purchases.

Pitney Bowes does, and then charged you a service fee than includes the duty and taxes they paid on your behalf.

But you didn't pay it, they did and so you can't get it back from CBSA, even though you were charged in error.

So on your first order, you were incorrectly charged.

On your second order, you were not charged.

On your third order , who knows??

I suggest, for the sake of your blood pressure, that in future you only buy from sellers who use USPS to ship. The First Class International Parcel service includes Confirmation of Delivery to Canada which is most of the protection the GSP offers to US sellers.

And it is quite possible to suggest using FCIP to sellers who normally use GSP, before bidding. Many will be as shocked as you that their customers are being charged incorrectly.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply