I paid for Item now seller cancels saying he will lose money on shipping? Is this allowed?

xgfxca
Community Member

Hello,

I bought two Items off a seller and paid. Now the seller is cancelling saying that the Global Shipping program is going to cost too much and the seller will lose money on the transaction. Is there anything I can do? I paid the import fees,shipping etc.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Tell the seller that he only pays the part of the shipping that takes the item from him to the Pitney Bowes plant in Kentucky.

Let him know that once in KY, his responsibility for getting the item to you ends.

Remind him to mark the parcel with place of manufacture, to prevent PB from opening the parcel to check (because: NAFTA) and possibly damaging it.

The seller cannot cancel without your permission.

If he sends you a request for Mutal Cancellation you can:

Agree- the transaction ends, he gets his fees back and both can leave feedback. Appropriate, calm, factual feedback. And Detailed Seller Ratings.

Refuse- the transaction remains open, both can leave feedback, he does not get his fees back. If you paid, you can open an Item Not Recieved Dispute.

Ignore- it takes longer but basically the same as Agree.

If he does not ship, he will not win the dispute. This is a Violation of his selling agreement.

I am unclear how you get your money back. The seller can only refund the part that he recieved, not the import charges.

Answers (0)