I paid for item 8 days ago and it is still not been shipped ?

pjl28
Community Member

The order shows a tracking #  but the item has not left the seller yet . I have contacted the seller wondering why I could not track the item , the response was she still has the item , had to find a box . Shouldn't the item already be packed to calculate the shipping and the tracking # ?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well, yes.

She sounds pretty scattered. Sellers have only 7 days from payment to ship, if we want to keep our Seller Protection.

You could ask for a Mutual Cancellation, which ends the transaction for both of you. Because she does sound kinda ditzy, don't agree to an MC until you have your payment back.  You can leave feedback with a Cancellation.

Or you can ask eBay for a refund with an Item Not Received dispute. This is much harsher on the seller, but if she can't prove DELIVERY (not shipping, delivery), and does not refund, Paypal will and then go after her for their money. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Well, yes.

She sounds pretty scattered. Sellers have only 7 days from payment to ship, if we want to keep our Seller Protection.

You could ask for a Mutual Cancellation, which ends the transaction for both of you. Because she does sound kinda ditzy, don't agree to an MC until you have your payment back.  You can leave feedback with a Cancellation.

Or you can ask eBay for a refund with an Item Not Received dispute. This is much harsher on the seller, but if she can't prove DELIVERY (not shipping, delivery), and does not refund, Paypal will and then go after her for their money. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The seller had a family member that was very ill , and shipped as soon as she had the time . Excellent answer though .
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Yeah. Buying and selling on eBay can be very dangerous to the health of the member's family.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply