I pre-ordered an item close to a year ago, and want a refund. How do I get it?

I pre-ordered a figure close to a year ago now, and I noticed some discrepancies in the listing that I noticed after paying for the item. I am still waiting for the item as it hasn't been released yet. I chose to go for a refund instead. I contacted the seller and he said it wouldn't be a problem. I would just have to wait a couple of weeks for him to get the money back from the vendor. I waited for months and tried contacting him several times. He won't even email me back now, and I still want my refund. I am having a hard time with PayPal because they won't help, because it is too far back. I don't understand why that should matter. I have basically been ripped off at this point, and I don't know what to do. I can't speak to anyone at Ebay personally and all of their help your self tabs don't offer any help at all. Can somebody please tell me where to go or who and how to talk to someone?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I very much doubt that eBay or Paypal will help you.

Both had a 45 day deadline on disputes and refunds until recently.

Your second avenue would be your credit card, which you really paid with. Again, while cards do have longer deadlines, they still have them, so while you should phone the 1-800 number and ask the rep about a chargeback.

Again, I have my doubts, but if you don't ask they can't agree.

If your seller is in North America, you could try going to Small Claims Court. The one in his jurisdiction would be the most useful. And now you are adding to the (very reasonable) cost of the Claim the further costs of getting to the Court along with hotel and food bills.

After school is out, we still learn life lessons.

This has been one of them.

Don't allow too much time to pass before moving to a refund.

Generally, that time would be 30 to 40 days, not several months.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Have you had any help from ebay with this matter? I too ordered items last November. I contacted the seller many times and he always responded that it would be sent. I have never received the items, and the seller was paid!! So frustrating. The seller is no longer a member on ebay now. I cannot find any links to email ebay about this.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply