I want to leave negative feedback for a seller who cancelled my order after I had paid for it.

ibex24
Community Member

CANCELLED MY ORDER AFTER I HAD PAID FOR IT AND I AM UNABLE TO LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK AS I AM NO LONGER A "BUYER" DUE TO THEIR CANCELLATION. I AM DOING SO VIA THIS FORUM, BUT FEEL THAT EBAY HAS TO ALLOW FEEDBACK TO BE PUBLISHED VIA REGULAR FEEDBACK IN CASES LIKE THIS AS OTHERWISE OTHER PROSPECTIVE CUSTOMERS WILL NOT KNOW OF THESE INCIDENTS.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I want to leave negative feedback for a seller who cancelled my order after I had paid for it.

According to the ebay help pages if a Seller cancels a transaction a buyer is still able to leave feedback ~ are you sure you are not able to leave any feedback? 

Also ebay keeps track of Sellers who cancel transactions and it does or can eventually affect their Seller rating, so even if you are not able to leave a feedback it is still "tracked". 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Just as a little follow-up to this ~ Sellers are allowed to cancel transactions ~ sometimes an item is listed on ebay in error , sometimes items can get broken during packing ... there are some legitimate reasons why a Seller might have to cancel a transaction ~ have you had any contact from the Seller with an explanation? I realize it is disappointing for this to happen but maybe there really was a legitimate reason for the cancellation ... So just before you get too upset maybe try to contact the Seller to see what was wrong.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

I had a similar situation.

In my case, I won 3 Canada 1998 5 cent coin auctions and the seller severely gouged me for "Combined Shipping' when invoiced.

When I conveyed the combined weight and asked how he arrived at that combined S&H charge, he unilaterally cancelled the orders.

The items completely disappeared from my 'Purchases' page, and eBay never notified me. Poof... all evidence vanished.

Eventually, I did find the solution.

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=ibex24

At the left bottom of the page you will see 'What would you like to do next?'

Under that, click on 'Leave Feedback'

You should see the listings there.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply