I was bidding on a item the clock went to zero and i didnt win the item wats up with that

I was high bidder on kerr mcgee hopper i was monitoring the time left and thought i had the item  won the clock had expired and  it showed that i was not high bidder wats up 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I was bidding on a item the clock went to zero and i didnt win the item wats up with that

Check the bid history and see when the winning bid was entered
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

It may have been an automatic bid that another bidder had placed, which turned out to be more than what your bid was apparently. For example, if an item starts at .99 cents and you're the first bidder to bid $7.99, your bid sits at .99 until someone else bids. If they bid less than $7.99, then the bids increase slowly up to your highest placed amount of $7.97....unless someone places a higher bid than yours. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You got outbid.

You may have been bidding against someone with very fast internet service, against an electronic sniping program, or against someone who put in a very high bid days ago and let it ride.

It's not the last bidder who wins, it's the high bidder.

The best winning strategy is to bid once and bid your max. You will never spend more than you intended and if someone outbids you -- well, the sucket paid too much didn't he?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply