If I win a bid, how do I get the merchandise?

Am I going to have to pay for shipping and handling if I win a bid? 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You will be charged a shipping fee.

Sometimes a listing will say Free Shipping. This really means that the shipping is included in the asking price.

Some listings from US sellers will have this note:

Customs services and international tracking provided

This means the seller is enrolled in the Global Shipping Program. This is "controversial". but from your point of view it means you will be charged applicable duty, taxes and a service fee of about $5 before the seller will ship. Remember to add that to the Total cost of the item.

Most purchases will be delivered by Canada Post. Occasionally another courier will be used.

If you are not home when the postie arrives, she will leave a note in your mailbox. You can pick up your parcel at the PO indicated. Bring government issued photo ID.

Shipping from Europe takes 10-15 days.

Shipping from North America takes 15 to 20 days.

Shipping from Asia takes 20 to 30 days.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

It all depends on the listing. Some say free shipping while others do not. I'm sure you know what those mean, haha.

Before bidding, check the shipping section. If you have a quote for a shipping cost.. Don't assume free shipping. In fact, never assume free shipping. If there's an auction you're speaking about specifically, you can send us a link and we'll tell you exactly.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You will be charged a shipping fee.

Sometimes a listing will say Free Shipping. This really means that the shipping is included in the asking price.

Some listings from US sellers will have this note:

Customs services and international tracking provided

This means the seller is enrolled in the Global Shipping Program. This is "controversial". but from your point of view it means you will be charged applicable duty, taxes and a service fee of about $5 before the seller will ship. Remember to add that to the Total cost of the item.

Most purchases will be delivered by Canada Post. Occasionally another courier will be used.

If you are not home when the postie arrives, she will leave a note in your mailbox. You can pick up your parcel at the PO indicated. Bring government issued photo ID.

Shipping from Europe takes 10-15 days.

Shipping from North America takes 15 to 20 days.

Shipping from Asia takes 20 to 30 days.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply