Import charges

Why all of a sudden is everyone charging import charges??????????   I have bought over 400 items and NEVER have been charged import charges at the border......ridiculous since a  $150. purchase will cost me an extra $40.   Just send it and I'll take care of the charges if they even happen.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Import charges

It's not suddenly. There have always been import charges based on the amount and the item. Were you previous purchases under $20? If so, that would explain why you weren't paying import fees. Additionally, many US sellers are using GSP (global shipping program) which charges the buyer additional fees to cover the cost of the service. These fees are not paid to the seller.
**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Import charges

Not too sure what the non payer comment is about......I have NEVER not paid.....I actually win the bid and pay within the minute.......unless of course I win something in the middle of the night, then I pay first thing in the morning. Anyway, I am I guess referring to the global shipping program. I would rather take a chance and pay the charges when the item is delivered since I have (out of over 400 items) only paid duty 3-4 times. Most items are jewelry and most are over $200. I guess maybe I have been lucky but I don't like to be "forced" to pay this fee since most times I'm not charge border charges anyway. Guess more and more sellers are now using this shipping program....so, I usually pass on the item unless it's something I can't live without............
Message 3 of 3
latest reply