Import charges $$?

I live in Canada.I am lookig to buy an item that is almost $120 US.

Import charges would be almost another $20.

Could I ask the seller to relist this with shipping charges being quite high, but the item being rather low so as they can get the same money, bu I am not dinged with a huge additional charge?Money is tight for me, but I would really like this item.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Import charges $$?

Yes definitely!!  Here is a copy of what I send to seller enrolled in the GSP  

Would you consider opting out of the Global Shipping Program, it adds extraneous shipping, customs & duties on top of the Shipping I'll pay you to send the item to Pitney-Bowes in Kentucky. This program is terrible for items sent to Canada that are under $100. Most Canadian Buyers avoid the GSP programs seller because of these extra fees. (See http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/bd-p/23003 about the problem)

The good news is opting out is easy.

*To opt in or out of the Global Shipping Program:
Go to My eBay > Account > Site Preferences. You may be asked to sign in.
Click the Show link to the right of the Shipping Preferences section on this page.
Click the Edit link to the right of Offer the Global Shipping Program.
Click on the Opt IN or Out button depending on your view.
Review the information. Agree to the terms and complete.

Thanks For Your Time, A Possible Future Buyer
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Import charges $$?

If you can't afford $140 don't buy it.

Or put it on your credit card, using your Paypal account, and pay off the card when you can afford it. With accumulated interest.

You can't always get what you want. But you might get what you need. -- The Rolling Stones

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Import charges $$?

The problem here is not really about Global Shipping

The buyer wants the seller to lower the item price in order to make a false customs declaration on the real value of the item.

This practice is against eBay and(or) postal rules and may be illegal.

Like femmefan, "If you can't afford $140 don't buy it."

Message 4 of 4
latest reply