Is Canada Post Really that friggen slow? Payed for item Jan 28/17. Still waiting.

Is Canada Post Really that friggen slow? Payed for item Jan 28/17 from china, Still waiting.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Is Canada Post Really that friggen slow? Payed for item Jan 28/17. Still waiting.

It's not a postal issue, it's more likely a Customs Inspection delay. All lettermail form China has to be inspected by Customs now to halt drug smuggling. It's a serious problem and one that supersedes mail delay. 

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/how-fentanyl-is-getting-through-canadas-border/article2...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/investigations/a-killer-high-how-canada-got-addicted-tofentanyl/...

You are covered by Paypal Buyer Protection for 180 days from payment. Use it. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

If your item has not yet arrived, you can get your money refunded.

EBay allows disputes for Item Not Received (INR) for 30 days after the last estimated date for delivery they gave you.

The Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page.

If that date has passed, go instead to your Paypal account.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

In either case, the first suggestion is to Contact the Seller.

What you want to know is When was this shipped? What service was used? What is the tracking number?

Don't get into a conversation.

Do NOT accept an offer of a replacement.*

If the seller does not refund, ask eBay/PP to step in and escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

If the item turns up later, you can return the refund using PP's Send Money service.

*In this scam, nothing was sent in the first place, and the 'replacement' will never arrive either. The scam takes the complainant past the dispute deadline.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I'm not a fan of Canada Post, but in their defense the package from China a) may have been lost enroute b) won't be handled by Canada Post until it reaches our country c) may be held up by Canada Customs before it's given over to Canada Post.

If you have a tracking number try that route ~ I've purchased several small items this year from China and find it takes at least a month and I'm lucky if the tracking number even works!

But that's on the Chinese mail system ~ not necessarily Canada Post.

Don't get me wrong ~ I have a lot of "beefs" with Canada Post myself!

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Please read the post highlighted in green that I have linked below. It explains why shipping from China is slow, especially in recent months.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Packaging-Shipping/Reading-China-Postage-Date-Stamp/qaq-p/369522

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

It's not a postal issue, it's more likely a Customs Inspection delay. All lettermail form China has to be inspected by Customs now to halt drug smuggling. It's a serious problem and one that supersedes mail delay. 

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/how-fentanyl-is-getting-through-canadas-border/article2...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/investigations/a-killer-high-how-canada-got-addicted-tofentanyl/...

You are covered by Paypal Buyer Protection for 180 days from payment. Use it. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

If your item has not yet arrived, you can get your money refunded.

EBay allows disputes for Item Not Received (INR) for 30 days after the last estimated date for delivery they gave you.

The Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page.

If that date has passed, go instead to your Paypal account.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

In either case, the first suggestion is to Contact the Seller.

What you want to know is When was this shipped? What service was used? What is the tracking number?

Don't get into a conversation.

Do NOT accept an offer of a replacement.*

If the seller does not refund, ask eBay/PP to step in and escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

If the item turns up later, you can return the refund using PP's Send Money service.

*In this scam, nothing was sent in the first place, and the 'replacement' will never arrive either. The scam takes the complainant past the dispute deadline.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

That makes sense, I feel bad for the sellers, Thank you
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I feel your quandary. However, if those sellers ship via China epacket, the delay problems all-but disappear. It's mostly a problem with the packages under 30 grams which somehow require 'permission' from the sender to open. Smart sellers will get their orders to their buyers on time no matter what. And you as a buyer can always repay via PayPal directly through the Send Money function when or if the order does arrive.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply