Item not received from vendor

segui_leon
Community Member

I have purchased a pattern on EBay and had not received it as yet .The payment was removed June 19th. I sent them an email and their reply was through EBAY . The Vendor's just sent me the customs number . Why should I have to track my own purchase when I paid for shipping ?. .  . It should be the responsibility of the vendor in providing service to the customer. The vendor was

Not happy with this purchase on eBay .

Kind Regards

Leona Seguin.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Item not received from vendor

You paid on June 19th or your 'e-cheque' cleared on June 19th?

It will make a difference.

You have 45 days to open an Item Not Received Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

The first step is to contact the buyer but you have already done this.

If the seller cannot prove that you have received the pattern, he is required to refund you in full. If he does not, Paypal will refund you and go after him for the money.

But.

That the seller sent you a customs number is a Good Thing. It means it has been sent. How long it takes to get to you is in the hands of the postal system.

Where is the pattern coming from?

It takes about 15 days for delivery from Europe. (They use Air Mail.)

It takes about 20 days for delivery from North America. (But remember two national holidays last week.)

And it takes about 30 for delivery from Asia.(Or longer, but I leery of sellers who constantly ask for more time.)

So we are about at the 20 day mark (ignoring those four day weekends for the post offices). Your item should be in your mailbox by Friday.

In addition to eBay Buyer Protection, you can also use Paypal Buyer Protection, which has a longer deadline.

Because you said 'The payment was removed June 19th' I suspect you don't back your PP account with a credit card. This is a mistake. Not only does using a bank account delay clearance of the payment for up to 10 days, and the seller cannot print the shipping label until it does, but a credit card offers you a third level of protection through their chargeback program.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply