Need help with a case I opened on E Bay

Hi everyone,

I called E Bay today about an item I have not received. It was coming from NE .The tracking is showing that the package sat for 3 weeks in Chicago IL and since then has been moving back and forth to various locations in IL and NE. I communicated with the seller who wanted to wait to wait further. 

However, I called and spoke to an agent at USPS today. The problem seems to be that name, street address and city are correct but there is a zip code for NE instead of the postal code. Apparently the postal code is there but at the top.

I let the seller know but as far as she's concerned she's done her job by putting on the correct address (she printed off the label) and mailing it.

The E Bay rep I spoke to opened a case and the seller and I have been communicating back and forth but she still maintains it could be returned to her and I should not have been so impatient. Furthermore she said it's out of her control once she puts it in the mail.

At this point I wanted to know what steps I should take.  It doesn't like the seller will budge and I don't feel I should take the loss. Will E Bay refer me to Pay Pal since I did pay for the item with Pay Pay or am I supposed to do that myself?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I wanted to edit my message to say that the item was originally shipped on Nov. 19th and sat in Chicago, IL from Nov 21st to Dec 12th. Since that time is's been going between locations in IL and NE. So basically a month with no progress towards going out of the U.S. because of the glitch with the address.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The seller has up to 45 days to get the shipment to you. Or to be more exact, you as the buyer, have up to 45 days to start a Dispute for Item Not Delivered.

It's not clear to me if the eBay rep opened a Dispute for you.

Since the shipment has not arrived and the seller has not refunded you, it's time to stop talking to her and move the Dispute up to a Claim.

If the seller does not refund you, Paypal/eBay will, since she cannot prove that the parcel has been delivered. Then PP goes after her for their money. There will be other fallout for her.

You will not be allowed to leave feedback, nor will she.

The ... seller and I have been communicating back and forth but she still maintains it could be returned to her and I should not have been so impatient. Furthermore she said it's out of her control once she puts it in the mail.

She's wrong. While she can't control what is happening to the parcel, it is her responsibility. She sub-contracted to USPS to deliver the parcel. They are responsible to her and she is responsible to you.

Eventually, sometime after the rush, the parcel will come back to her. Before Easter sometime.

BTW, check what your address looks like on your Paypal account. If your postal code is appearing in the wrong spot, correct it. If she printed out a PP shipping label, it should show exactly what you typed in.

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here.-- Jayne Cobb

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thank you so much for all your help. I appreciate it
Message 4 of 4
latest reply