Negative feedback not valid anymore ....

Hi

I had a bad experience with a seller last week, short story

I buy an item, i get a day later a personal e-mail from the seller telling me the item is not available and try to redirect me to his website with a 10% discount when the item is back in stock. He remove the item and relist it with a 1000x price increase....

A day later i get a message on ebay from the seller, telling me there a bug with is system and he will refund me when this is possible.. weird i already got the refund.

I get another message from him on ebay telling me that ebay have a bug and can't cancel my transaction for now. Well i don't care for now i got my refund, so with this, seller don't want to sell, try to contact me out of ebay to give me reward if i buy on his website, this start to be very suspicious.

So i leave him a negative feedback, he waste my time don't want to sell and seem to lie and give false information to everyone who bought this item ( a thread is going on the eevblog forum about this situation) so i'm not the only one who got caught in the process here.

So i leave him a negative feedback explaining that.

But something weird happen, all the negative feedback from this sell for this item disappears without reason, and no feedback is revised, so after some investigation i see a pattern here,

The seller refund me on paypal but don't cancel the transaction on e-bay because ebay have a bug (it is true?? i think not), the item is mark a un-paid on ebay since he gave me my cash back but this is the trick,

from ebay seller update 2013

Automatic safeguards

The new Feedback Removal policy clearly outlines when eBay will automatically remove feedback and low ratings or award 5-star ratings. In general:

Negative or neutral feedback and low ratings are removed automatically when our information shows that the feedback was left by a buyer who, for example, didn't pay, was suspended, or shows a pattern of leaving low feedback.

So the Seller don't cancel on ebay but refund with paypal, tell you ebay have a glitch and do nothing so all the negative feedback will be automatically removed by the system since the item is not paid by everyone !! clever no ??

it is possible ?? anyone who sell on ebay can tell me if you can do something like that ??

So since i can't contact ebay for this matter (well 1 hours lost in the help & contact page told me Ebay don't care for these situation), there is anything i can't do about that??

As a buyer on Ebay, 2014 was the worst year i had since 2004, and i think to leave this mess, i never left anything negative until today and it don't matter it seem, so what is my last resort about this problem.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well, that's a new one (actually an old one).

He can't start an Unpaid Item Dispute because you did actually pay, you can show that from your Paypal transaction number and he refunded you.

Still, you got your money back . And you can't get an Unpaid Item Strike.

I would use the Report button on his listing to let eBay know that he is listing an out of stock item and trying to move eBay customers to off-eBay transactions. You won't get any personal attention about this, just a boilerplate email, but nothing annoys eBay more than not getting paid.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Well, that's a new one (actually an old one).

He can't start an Unpaid Item Dispute because you did actually pay, you can show that from your Paypal transaction number and he refunded you.

Still, you got your money back . And you can't get an Unpaid Item Strike.

I would use the Report button on his listing to let eBay know that he is listing an out of stock item and trying to move eBay customers to off-eBay transactions. You won't get any personal attention about this, just a boilerplate email, but nothing annoys eBay more than not getting paid.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply