No confirmation email. Bought as guest. Item charged on my credit card. How do get tracking number,

dlink214
Community Member

No confirmation email. Bought as guest. Item charged on my credit card. How do get tracking number, confirmation email or any thing ?

and no the confirmation email is not in my junk folder

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

No confirmation email. Bought as guest. Item charged on my credit card. How do get tracking number,

Tracking is a Seller Protection. You don't need it (except for the warm fuzzies.)

Especially on low value items, many sellers do not use tracking. The postal system is very good at getting packages to their destinations.

Now as a caveat, if you ordered from China, at the best of times, delivery is slow. Many Chinese sellers use sllllloooooowwww Surface shipping which can take two months to arrive.

And these are not the best of times.

Between the CBSA inspections for fentanyl and the Canada Post action against China Post's refusal to deal fairly with other nations under the terms of the Univeral Postal Union Treaty of 1874, delivery is often three or four months from payment.

But that is just background.

While it is easier to get refunds on missing parcels, through eBay or Paypal, you are covered by your card's chargeback policy.

Allow 30 days from payment for delivery from Asia. (Only 20 days for North American purchases.)

Then phone the 1-800 number on the back of your card and talk to the clerk about a chargeback. She will need some information like the date of payment, the amount, and the currency.

If the shipment arrives at your home when you are not there, the carrier will leave a Notice telling you where and when you can pick it up. This is usually at your local Postal Outlet. Bring ID.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply