Only after i have left negative Feedback the seller agreed to a refund. Now he wants to give me a re

Only after i left a negative Feedback the seller agreed to a refund. Now he wants to give me a refund only if i change the negative Feedback.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Only after i have left negative Feedback the seller agreed to a refund. Now he wants to give me a re

Nope.

No refund, no change to feedback.

If you change the feedback now, from someone who was adamant about refunding before, the chances of getting one after your remove your only tool are small.

That being said, since there was a problem and the seller was uncooperative, why did you not open a Dispute before leaving feedback?

I quite understand if you did and were instructed to ship the unwanted item overseas using Confirmation of Delivery. This is generally too expensive for the kind of item purchased overseas.

Disputes do a much better job of putting bad sellers on eBay's radar and possibly getting them kicked off the site than feedback.

The other overlooked tool is the Detail Seller Rating system. When you leave feedback you are also asked to Rate the seller in four categories. A normal pleasant transaction gets Five Stars. The lowest Rating is ONE Star. No stars is a free pass.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Now you finally let me post a comment.
Yes, maybe i should have opened a dispute before i left a negative feedback, but after communicating for days with the seller without any cooperation on his part , i got fed up. The seller pressured me to change the feedback , which , according to EBay rules is illegal. Now he wants me to return the item before he gives a refund. Shipping to China would cost me more than the refund is worth. Let the Negative feedback stand to warn other buyers.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply