Other countries putting their listings as american

I'm finding that asian sellers are lying in their descriptions now saying that they are from North America. I purposely search for north america only because of they long wait for items to go through customs. I purchase an item then I find out it's coming from hong kong or china. There doesn't seem to be a way to report them. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a way to stop them?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Falsifying Item Location is a huge no-no.

Reporting it is as easy as sitting down at your Desktop Computer.

Look for the Report Item link halfway down your page at right.

Then select the options that pertain. 

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 10.19.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 10.20.30 AM.png

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Falsifying Item Location is a huge no-no.

Reporting it is as easy as sitting down at your Desktop Computer.

Look for the Report Item link halfway down your page at right.

Then select the options that pertain. 

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 10.19.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 10.20.30 AM.png

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

As a precaution against these, in addition to Reporting the ones you spot, watch for very long delivery periods.

In my experience it takes about 20 days for arrival from North America and 30 days from Asia.

Anything longer, don't buy.

And if you accidentally do buy, open the Item Not Received Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

It's automated and swift.

Don't get into a conversation with the seller.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (and that's delivery, not shipping) you will be refunded.

We really do need a Blocked Sellers List, like the  very useful Blocked Buyers List.

BTW-- just as many Canadian sellers who are on the US border use USPS shipping, some overseas sellers use US warehouses to ship within North America.  Which is valid.

And many US sellers are dropshippers, with US addresses, but shipping from Asian warehouses.

The location on the listing is supposed to be that of the item, not the seller, for exactly the reasons you give, time and duty.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply