Payment Declined?

theone1797
Community Member

I attempted to buy two items on ebay using a paypal account that I had used earlier to buy other things without issue. When I tried to but these two items though it said that my payment was "Unexpectedly Declined". After that the items were sitting in my purchase history under bought. Today though, I recieved two messages sying that "my offer had been declined" despite the fact that I had paid thier Buy It Now asking price. What is going on?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Payment Declined?

That is odd. If you log into paypal from the paypal website itself (don't follow any links in emails sent to you) what does it say about the transaction? Your credit card (or whatever) might be expired. Or something like that. Or is the seller trying to cancel your transaction? 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Payment Declined?

Are we discussing two or four attempted transactions?

If there were only two and those were marked as "unexpectedly declined" then the "offer declined" messages probably mean that the seller does not want to sell to you (or just as likely , to Canada) and there should be no completed transaction on your Paypal account.

If there are four different declined transactions, first look at the expiry date on the credit card you use to back your PP account. That can be an overlooked reason for a decline.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply