Ebay closes account of a seller I just purchased from

iwtl
Community Member

So ebay emails me that they have closed the account of a seller just after I purchased an item - but don't worry my item is on the way. The item shows up today in the mail ( their instructions are to wait until the posted deliver times lapse and if the item doesn't show then file a claim ).

The item is a bad fake micro SD card. Packaging is real but they took the time to cut open the card holder and insert the fake. After about an hour going through ebays contact email they sent me - all I could do is open up a return with the seller and wait another 5 days then ask Ebay to step in if the seller doesn't respond.

Am I missing something here? If ebay closes an account because they are selling fakes what would lead them to believe the rest of the items in transit will be different?  I know I am not a big buyer but this whole episode is leaving me feeling hung out to dry by EBay. I need to have confidence in them to risk purchasing online and so far this isn't meeting that.

Is this typical of Ebay? I would think that if ebay closes a sellers account they shouldn't leave customers waiting to fight to resolve issues. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Ebay closes account of a seller I just purchased from

wait another 5 days then ask Ebay to step in if the seller doesn't respond.

The system is a little inflexible, that's certain.

The five day wait for a response is to allow honest sellers a chance to remedy the situation, and eBay really isn't taking sides on who is and is not responsible here.

Sigh.

So you can wait out the five days. Meanwhile eBay will be instructing the seller to send you a Return ShippingLabel. But the seller is in China , right? So he can't. (He couldn't from the USA or Russia or Brazil either, only from Canada).

When he doesn't respond, eBay will refund you.

Or try to escalate sooner. It might or might not work. Say in the Claim that the seller is Not A Registered User (NARU). That often helps.

If by some chance you get offered a replacement, say NO. It's not likely in these circumstances, but it's a fairly common scam out of Asia.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply