Ebay won't let me charge shipping to buyer. Guess I'll have to ship it to them for free. This is BS!

On the "send payment"  page, the shipping costs revert to blank no matter what I insert in there.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Ebay won't let me charge shipping to buyer. Guess I'll have to ship it to them for free. This is BS!

After an insane number of trial and errors, I finally managed to send the invoice. Your IT department should be double-checking this stuff. Makes you look like idiots.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

seems to me if you hit recalculate it screws everything up,try putting in what you want to charge for shipping then view invoice see if that works

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@23quixotic23 wrote:

On the "send payment"  page, the shipping costs revert to blank no matter what I insert in there.

do NOT hit recalculate -- it functions like a reset/do-over button

Put in the shipping and then view the invoice it will show what the buyer will see when you send the invoice.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It's not an IT thing. It's a user thing. 

As has already been mentioned, Recalculate does not mean what you think it means in this instance. Early in my history as a seller, I too made this mistake and found it to be very frustrating. Next time this happens, simply enter your postage amount and/or service options and then Preview before committing to send to the buyer.

Alternatively, if you have a Stores subscription and signed up for Selling Manager, you can alter your payment information on your Sales Record. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply