Extra charges on purchases

rkstr67
Community Member

Hi,

I'm brand new to eBay and recently made my first two purchases. When I received my credit card statement, the total amounts charged were slightly higher in both cases than what was shown on the seller's listing for the product + shipping.

I cannot seem to locate an actual breakdown of all fees for my purchases.

I really thought that buying on eBay was free.

I'm wondering whether this is either because:

1 - I'm from Canada and I bought these items internationally.

2 - I paid with my credit card instead of signing up for PayPal (even though it said that all credit card purchases are made through PayPal).

3 - There actually is a buyer's fee for all purchases.

I'm confused....please help me understand.

Thanks,

rkstr67

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The items you bought, can you check on the eBay listings if it says "Shipping:$xxxx International Priority Shipping to Canada  via the Global Shipping Program"? If so, the price you see on your credit card statement was a breakdown between the price sent to the seller and the cost sent to the GSP.

Another thing... if your items were in US $ and your credit card is in CAD $, you paid the converted amount from US to CAD. The card company also charged you a small conversion fee.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The items you bought, can you check on the eBay listings if it says "Shipping:$xxxx International Priority Shipping to Canada  via the Global Shipping Program"? If so, the price you see on your credit card statement was a breakdown between the price sent to the seller and the cost sent to the GSP.

Another thing... if your items were in US $ and your credit card is in CAD $, you paid the converted amount from US to CAD. The card company also charged you a small conversion fee.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks for the reply lady stark. Although the shipping details for both items states 'Economy International Shipping', you are right in the fact that both items were listed in US$ and my CC payment is made in CAD$, so the additional fee I'm seeing is, as you said, a small conversion fee. Much appreciated 🙂
Message 3 of 3
latest reply