How long can a case stay open for?

Seller said that he sent a replacement, again without a tracking number.  I don' want to close my case until product arrives, how long can I keep a case open for?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@daveton1 wrote:

Seller said that he sent a replacement, again without a tracking number.  I don' want to close my case until product arrives, how long can I keep a case open for?

A proper seller should have given you a full refund and allowed you to repurchase the item -- this would have extended the protection period.

Your Item-Not-Received case time frame is 30 days after last estimated delivery date of first shipment -- don't let it go beyond that time. Ask eBay to step in to resolve your Item-Not-Received case for a refund. You can always repay the seller later.

If it's not coming from Canada, USA or Europe (1-3 weeks) don't even bother waiting -- it will take too long to arrive (and that's assuming the seller actually mailed a replacement).

-..-

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You are being scammed.

The replacement will never arrive.

Don't listen to the scammer seller.

Escalate the Dispute to a Claim by asking eBay to step in.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

If by some strange chance, the item does appear later.

flying pig.jpg

you can return the refund using Paypal's Send Money service.

Oh and refunds take less than 24 hours and do NOT require you to close the dispute first. Two other common scams.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply