How to leave feedback to a seller whom I bought from but the transaction is not thru eBay?

poondian
Community Member

I need to leave a feedback for a seller but the problem is that I contact the seller through eBay then they invoice me via PayPal. So the transaction is not through eBay. But I need people to know if this seller is not going to resolve the problem with the product not as described. What can I do? Thx

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

How to leave feedback to a seller whom I bought from but the transaction is not thru eBay?

I need to leave a feedback for a seller but the problem is that I contact the seller through eBay then they invoice me via PayPal. So the transaction is not through eBay. But I need people to know if this seller is not going to resolve the problem with the product not as described. What can I do? Thx

You can't leave feedback as the sale was made outside eBay via a PayPal invoice.

If the item is "not as described" you have 180 days after the date of sale to file a claim through PayPal.  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

What silver said but also report the seller for moving transactions off-ebay. 

This is a case in point for the reason you never agree to do that. It's not for your own good, and against ebay law. 

Hash it out in paypal. And do not accept an offer to replace, but you will be required to return this item WITH TRACKING to get your money back. IF the seller knew ahead of time that you'd be getting junk in place of what you actually ordered, this would be their motivation for moving it off-bay. 

Ebay makes the seller pay Return postage (or else) on cases of Items Not as Described whereas the same type of problem filed with Paypal means the buyer has to pay return postage. Which, with tracking, is often as much or more than the item is worth. The unethical types count on this deterrent. 

Unfortunately, this is a lesson often learned the hard way by buyers.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Think about this.

The seller was willing to cheat eBay out of the fees they charge/earn by providing an advertising venue.

What made you think they would treat you any better?

But biter bit.

While the seller doesn't have to pay for return shipping on the Not As Described product, you have 180 days to file a Dispute with Paypal rather than the mere 30 days eBay allows.

It constantly surprises me how dumb crooks are.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your account page under Tools.

The first suggestion is to contact the seller. You already have done that, so escalate the Dispute to a Claim.

BTW, if you back your PP account with a credit card, you can also if necessary take advantage of their chargeback option.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply