I Never Received My Money Back!!

mgough34
Community Member

I bid and paid for an item back at the end of November 2015.  The next day I received a notification saying that the item was no longer for sale but that I would be reimbursed.

Naively I assumed that this would be true.  I checked my credit card statements for the last 6 months today and noticed that yes, I did pay $66.25 USD but I was never reimbursed.  Of course I never received the item either because I was told that it was no longer for sale.

Does anyone have any advice as to how and try and get my money back?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

xeposter
Community Member

This info is from another eBay member, reallynicestamps:

Go to Paypal

Under Tools on the top line, click on Resolution Centre.

Open an Item Not As Described Dispute (assuming that was the reason for the return)

The first suggestion is to contact the seller, but you have already done that.

Escalate to a Claim.

Put the Confirmation of Delivery number into the Claim.

If the seller is Not A Registered User, say so in the Claim.

If the seller does not refund you, PP will and go after him for their money. And PP has his banking information.

----
Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@mgough34 wrote:

I bid and paid for an item back at the end of November 2015.  The next day I received a notification saying that the item was no longer for sale but that I would be reimbursed.

Naively I assumed that this would be true.  I checked my credit card statements for the last 6 months today and noticed that yes, I did pay $66.25 USD but I was never reimbursed.  Of course I never received the item either because I was told that it was no longer for sale.

Does anyone have any advice as to how and try and get my money back?

If a refund is processed the most you should have waited is one statement after that.

1) Did you ever contact the seller regarding this supposed refund?

2) Far far too late to do anything through eBay.

3a) Was the credit card payment processed through paypal? Then you have 180 days from date of purchase to file a claim through paypal. You're getting close to that deadline.

3b) If the credit card payment was directly from your credit card, you can try filing a claim with your credit card company -- length of time varies, but you are near the maximum time limit for most cards.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply