I bought an item on August 16, 2016 from a USA Seller.

I bought an item from a USA Seller on August 16, 2016.  I live in Canada so when I clicked on PAY NOW right after I bought it a message appeared to contact the seller to request invoice because the Shipping amount to my location was not included in his listing even though it did say that he ships outside of USA.  I emailed the seller and he told me he would look into the shipping cost and get back to me with an Invoice.  I never heard back from him again.

I sent several "Request Invoice" and several more emails and nothing.  I called ebay twice to complain because I really needed this item for my kids birthday gift so I wanted them to step in and get the Seller to send me my Invoice.  They did nothing.  I then opened a case against the seller and ebay closed the case in the Seller's favor because they said that I didn't pay for my item.  I couldn't pay for my item unless the seller sent me an Invoice!  

I finally gave up a week ago after over 1 month of this and so I left this dead beat Seller a Negative Feedback and to top it off Ebay removes my Feedback!  I dont get it!  Why is ebay on the Sellers side???  What can I do??  Just as its a contract to bid on ebay and you must pay, is it not a contract to follow through with the sale if your the seller?  I still want my item and this seller deserves a NEGATIVE Feedback!  

I feel wronged by the Seller and Ebay!  Please help!

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

I bought an item on August 16, 2016 from a USA Seller.

Ebay removed your Negative Feedback because you opened an Item Not Received case on something you didn't pay for. You lost the case, the feedback was removed. It was probably the worst method for you to try to resolve this problem, but I can understand the reason you did it, feeling you had no other choice. But essentially, you lost the right to leave the seller negative feedback (as was richly deserved) when you went after him with a case you could only lose. 

When a seller behaves this way, clearly he is in the wrong, but there is nothing you can do but move on to another seller with the same or similar item. For reasons that make sense to no one but the seller themselves, they have decided not to sell it to you. Luckily, there are millions of items available for sale on ebay and only a few (?) silly sellers like this. 

The penalty for cancelling orders for no reason is that ebay gives the seller a black mark on their record, behind the scenes. Your seller would have gotten one, but as the buyer, you'd be none the wiser. Too many black marks and a seller's selling privileges are suspended. 

I'm sorry this transaction did not go as it should have. Better to look for another seller now. 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply