I came across a seller that doesn't want to sell?

I was going to buy multiple items from a seller.  In the listing you can click on how many you want of the item, he had 5 available, so I wanted all 5.  When I clicked on buy it now, I got this message:  The seller only allows buyers to purchase 1 item every 10 days.  Has anyone ever seen something this ridiculous from a seller?  A seller that doesn't want to sell?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Contact the seller and ask if you can be excepted from his general ban.

Once he looks at your Feedback Left for Others, he will be able to see that you are a stable personality and trustworthy.

And hi! It's been a while!.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Yes, sellers can limit the number of purchased goods. one for one. 🙂

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@renfrewite wrote:

I was going to buy multiple items from a seller.  In the listing you can click on how many you want of the item, he had 5 available, so I wanted all 5.  When I clicked on buy it now, I got this message:  The seller only allows buyers to purchase 1 item every 10 days.  Has anyone ever seen something this ridiculous from a seller?  A seller that doesn't want to sell?

It's a seller worried about selling problems and they do not want to put all their eggs in one basket. They want to spread their selling risk amongst many buyers rather than gamble on one buyer.

-..-

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Contact the seller and ask if you can be excepted from his general ban.

Once he looks at your Feedback Left for Others, he will be able to see that you are a stable personality and trustworthy.

And hi! It's been a while!.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

If the seller was offering a really sweet deal, this would be his loss leader.

Not unlike when 2Ls of your favourite soda goes on sale for 68 cents (or whatever) and the department store limits it to two per person.

This type of marketing tactic is to get people in the door so that they shop around, not just grab the cheapest thing -- and all inventoried stock of the cheapest thing -- and leave. 

That's one reason your seller might be limiting it to one per person every ten days. It's his/her giveaway. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Well that's the thing, you can't compare this to a supermarket thing, because those sales are to get people in the door to buy more. This seller will not sell any of his items to you, you are only allowed 1 item out of everything they sell per 10 day period. This doesn't get people in the door it makes them leave without buying and shut the door hard on the way out lol.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Sorry but this makes no sense to me, I used to be an ebay seller, and the more I sold the more money I made. This seller will not allow you to buy any of his items, only 1 out of all he sells per 10 day period.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Hi good to see you too, I have not been selling lately due to an ailing parent, so I have not been on the boards for a while 🙂
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Those limits are not necessarily particular to the buyer but the individual item listing.

Maybe your seller did theirs wrong. Did you contact them to ask?
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Actually I forgot to mention, I did contact seller and asked if I could buy more than one item, he/she messaged me back saying just to let them know and I could buy anything I wanted lol, so I guess they like me haha.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply