I have paid for an item listing says free shipping , but the seller is now asking for $65.00 extra

pjl28
Community Member

I paid for an item to be shipped within Canada , listings says free shipping , the seller now has asked for an extra $65.00 

surcharge fee for UPS . 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I have paid for an item listing says free shipping , but the seller is now asking for $65.00 extra

Sellers must stick with the shipping and handling price they advertise.

Tell her politely that you bid on the total price advertised.

Tell her you are willing to accept Canada Post shipping.

Canada Post is the more usual shipping method advertised by sellers. She may be wanting to use UPS because it offers tracking and insurance in the price. This benefits her and not you.

If you are in a rural or isolated area, the parcel may be delivered by Canada Post in any case, since most couriers will sub-contact to CP for non-urban addresses.

If she refuses  you can ask her to cancel the transaction.

You can leave appropriate feedback. The most effective FB is calm and factual. 'Refused to ship at advertised price. Wanted $65 extra.."  for example

At the same time, you will be asked to leave Detailed Seller Ratings. The normal rating is Five Stars. The lowest rating is ONE Star. Low DSRs can lead to higher selling fees, restrications on number and value of listings, or even cancellation of a seller's account.

No Stars is a free pass.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

May we have the listing number? Sometimes, the item will say Free Shipping within the item description but it's meant for domestic USA purchases only. Or domestic within Canada only. Or search results may show listings as Free Shipping based on incorrect data paramaters and it's not Free Shipping when you use buy-it-now. In short, this may be a technical glitch or misunderstanding that is not your seller's doing. Please allow us to check before we may give you incorrect advice. 

But, yes, like reallynicestamps says, sellers are obligated to stick to the policies they set out when listing the item. It makes little sense that the sender would now want to switch to UPS from Canada Post unless there is more to the story. The story may also be simply that your seller is trying to pull a fast one but let's give them full benefit of the doubt for a moment. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

vtpike
Community Member

erik

Message 4 of 4
latest reply