INR so seller is reshipping (from China to Canada so looong wait!) Should I close case against them

now or do I wait til item arrives (hopefully)

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

INR so seller is reshipping (from China to Canada so looong wait!) Should I close case against them

@justsomeguy62 wrote:

Ask for a refund, if not given escalate to eBay.

If the replacement has already been sent, tell the seller you will repay the seller via paypal when the replacement arrives.

The seller should have refunded you and then allowed you to buy the replacement with the refund. This restarts the delivery dates (and your buyer protection).

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

DO NOT CLOSE THE CASE.

Often (although not always) this is merely a stall tactic. When does your case time-out on its own? Is there tracking on this?

Gererally, accepting an offer for a replacement from an overseas seller is a very risky move. It is far better for you to take the refund and re-purchase that item from this seller... or another altogether.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

While most Chinese sellers are honest, this is more likely to be a scam.

It is quite possible that there never was anything sent.

And certain that no replacement will be sent.

Politely tell the seller that you want a refund not a replacement.

If you don't get one in 24 hours, escalate by asking eBay to step in and eBay will refund you, then go after the seller for their money.

Do NOT close the case. Escalate it.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@justsomeguy62 wrote:

Ask for a refund, if not given escalate to eBay.

If the replacement has already been sent, tell the seller you will repay the seller via paypal when the replacement arrives.

The seller should have refunded you and then allowed you to buy the replacement with the refund. This restarts the delivery dates (and your buyer protection).

-..-

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks everybody for your input. Item is only $8 and seller is one of those guys with 10 zillion items sold and like 99.5% positive feedback so I guess I ll just keep the case open and wait for item to arrive, not too worried!
Message 5 of 5
latest reply